June 9, 2021
Laziness after eating
Today I am going to talk about such a topic that can increase your productivity. Laziness after eating is a common problem among many people. Yet, most of us always try to neglect it due to the helter-skelter lifestyle.
Do you feel lethargic after your meal? Many people say that it is normal to feel sluggish after a meal. There are certain chemicals released in the body that are responsible for it. Serotonin is a chemical that plays a significant role in coordinating the sleep cycle. A protein-rich and carbohydrate-rich diet tend to make your body feel drowsy. So does it mean to skip food that contains the above-mentioned nutrients? No, it is not very feasible to do this as they are the primary energy sources in the body.
There are certain things you can do to boost your energy without taking a stimulant. You can follow a well-studied routine. I have been doing experiments in the timing and the type of food we all eat. I also got some positive results. Today I can understand the needs of my body.
There are a few results I got after some experiments.
1. Drinking water immediately after your meal can make your body somnolent. It can also cause some digestive issues.
2. Eating more food than your body needs can also create problems. According to Ikigai(a Japanese concept referring to having a direction or purpose in life), eat until you are 80% full.
3. Maintain a gap between your meals. The length of the gap would depend on the kind of body you have. According to Ayurveda, an 8-hour rest after one meal is sufficient.
4. A light dinner can help you a lot.
5. Eat only when you are hungry.
6. Try to include more amount of live food in your diet.
7. Do yoga and exercise regularly. It can increase your digestive power.
Choose food that makes you more passionate and gives an immense pleasure internally as well and externally. Opt for freshly prepared food items whenever possible. A short walk after your meal can also help you avoid drowsiness. Eat healthy stay healthy.